What Are Snore Guards?
Snore Guards are Intraoral appliances that are used to prevent snoring by opening up the airway.
- Easier to use and easier to maintain when compared to other complicated devices like CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure)
- Studies show most patients prefer its use to CPAP
- Improvement in sleep in many patients
- Extraordinary reduction in snoring in many patients
- Dental devices are small in size and as such can be conveniently used even when the patient is traveling
- Oral appliances are considered to be more effective than most types of surgery
- Most effective in mild to moderate cases but it is recommended for severe sleep apnea if CPAP can’t be tolerated
- Requires regular dental supervision to ensure proper use
- May produce side effects such as soreness; damage to jaw, teeth and mouth; saliva build-up and in rare cases nausea
- Permanent changes in the position of teeth and jaw occur in some cases where patients use it on a long term basis
To find out what treatment options may be right for you, please contact Dr. Lippitt today for a consultation.
At Lippitt Dental we are always accepting new patients!
Call us at (403) 286-2525 to book your Snore Guards appointment today!